BULK PICKUP REQUEST
PLEASE CALL MONTGOMERY COUNTY METAL RECYCLE AT 240-777-0311 FOR ALL METAL
What is a Bulk Pickup?
A bulk pick up is any non-recyclable item that cannot fit into your trash can. All metal items, cardboard/paper and/or commingle (bottles, cans, glass, aluminum, etc.) material and yard waste MUST be recycled through Montgomery County- you can reach them at 240-777-0311.
ALL BULK REQUESTS ARE LIMITED
A bulk pickup is considered to consist of 1 to 4 acceptable items, depending on size. Therefore your bulk request could be treated as 2,3,4 or more bulk pickups and may result in a charge. Cleaning out your house or garage is not considered a single bulk pickup and you should expect there will be a charge. Please note, some items carry a fee regardless due to their size and/or weight. If there is a fee assessed with your bulk pick up, it must be paid by credit card at the time of scheduling. Please be aware that Potomac Disposal, Inc. will not collect any material left behind by a contractor.
Please see the list of acceptable and non-acceptable items before filling out the bulk pick-up form.
- Mattresses and/or Box Springs (twin, full, double, queen & king)
- Sofa, Love Seat, Cushion chair, Wooden chairs
- Carpet Rolls- CANNOT be larger/wider than 4 feet
- Dining room tables, Coffee tables, End tables, Patio tables (must be broken down)
- Bookcases, Small entertainment centers, TV Stands, Desks, Dressers (must be broken down)
- Sinks, Toilets, Small vanities
- Printers, Monitors, Computers
- Children’s Toys
- Mirrors (must be duct taped in an X, corner to corner to prevent shattering- large mirrors must be broken and placed into a box)
- Countertop Appliances
Below are some of the items that are NOT ACCEPTABLE material for Potomac Disposal, Inc. to collect as a Bulk Pick-Up.
You are responsible for disposal of the following items:
- Concrete, Brick, Rock, Dirt
- Wet Paint (cans that are completely dried with the lids removed are acceptable)
- Mirrors and table tops that are not properly taped
- Construction material
- Large Swing Sets
- Wood Fencing
- Deck Wood
- Flooring (wooden, tile, ceramic, etc.)
- *Please note: there may be other items that we cannot collect as a bulk pick-up
The following items must be recycled through Montgomery County: 240-777-0311
- Metal Items
- Metal Fencing
- Exercise machines
- Large Appliances
- Cardboard/Paper material
- Yard Waste
You will be contacted within one business day to discuss charges, if any, and to schedule the pick-up.
Potomac Disposal offers 30 yard dumpsters for disposal of larger amount of bulk items.
For scheduling and pricing call 301-294-9700